Welcome to STEPS’ Summer School on Sustainable Plastics in August!
This summer, STEPS is organising a summer school on sustainable plastics. The aim is to provide understanding of the current plastic system and its challenges, pathways to a sustainable plastic system, biobased and biodegradable plastics, recycling solutions, policies, and standards for sustainable plastics.
Plastic has provided a wide range of benefits to society. Nevertheless, it has become a highly debated material because of its accumulation in the environment, low recycling rate and fossil origin, thereby contributing to greenhouse gas emissions and pollution.
The summer school will comprise lectures by academic researchers, experts from industry and governmental institutes and agencies. It will also involve exercises, group discussions, and reports. STEPS is led by Lund University.
- Provide understanding of the current plastic system and its challenges, pathways to a sustainable plastic system, biobased and biodegradable plastics, recycling solutions, policies, and standards for sustainable plastics
- Academic researchers, university students, industrial scientists, high school teachers, policy makers, staff in different regional bodies and organisations, as well as anyone with an interest in learning more about plastics.
- Natural science at high school level
- Relevant publications, copies of the lectures, and links to important documents.
- 7-18 August 2023
- Kemicentrum, Naturvetarvägen 14, Lund University.
Some speakers will present their lectures digitally. Those who are not able to attend physically can follow the lectures and some other activities online.
A detailed course schedule is available here.
COURSE CERTIFICATE AND CREDITS
The course participants can get a certificate of attendance, if interested. For doctoral students, the course is worth 5 credits.
Professor Rajni Hatti Kaul, Division of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Lund University; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Josefin Ahlqvist, Collaboration Office, Lund University; email@example.com.
Please register by 30 June 2023. Please note that a participation fee of 1000 SEK will be required after registration. Students and Steps participants participate for free.